Monday, August 5, 2013

vanity on a budget

vanity

here


While being up to my eyeballs in packing boxes this past weekend, I kept reminding myself of the fact that I would end up with a little "vanity corner" in our new place just to keep myself sane. I've made do over the years without a proper vanity, but since I'll now be living with two guys with only one bathroom to share between the three of us, I decided it was high time to invest in one. Moving expenses add up quickly, though, so I wanted to keep things as cost-effective as possible. Thank God for IKEA

I wanted a vanity that had built in storage, could double as a laptop desk when not in use as a vanity, and could fit in a small space to keep our room from feeling cluttered. This dressing table ticks all those boxes - sleek lines and a long drawer for lots of storage. All of my makeup can easily fit in the drawer, but to add some more storage options and counter space, I'm set on getting this storage unit. Just the thought of 9 streamlined drawers to hold both my jewelry and beauty supplies, as well as some office supplies at the bottom is making me smile right now. Everything will be tucked away and out of sight, yet easily at hand. I already have this chair, but I wanted to showcase it for those who are in need of budget friendly chair options (this stool is under $50 and this one is $5.99!). I intend on hanging a giant mirror above the dressing table, but for touch ups, I'm getting this mirror. Lastly, containers are a must. I have four of these stackable trays from The Container Store (1 large, 1 medium, 2 small) and love them, so I'm planning on adding 2 more medium and 2 more small ones to keep everything in the drawer organized. This candle dish would be perfect to display my perfume bottles.

For my dressing table, storage unit, some organizing trays, the mirror, the dish, and reusing my chair, I'm on track for just over $300 after tax. 

How do you organize your makeup?

3 comments:

  1. I actually just got a vintage vanity (belonged to my grandmother), along with a vintage mirror (thrifted), and mirrored tray (grandma). I'm still trying to figure out how to organize all my jewelry. (I have too much. I'm an addict) but I was thinking about lining all the drawers in black velvet.

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you on the too much jewelry. We're in the middle of moving, so I've been semi-ruthless about purging, which makes things a little easier. The black velvet idea sounds amazing, as does your grandmother's vanity. The vintage ones are always so pretty and have tons of sentimentality.

      Delete
  2. Hi! Thanks for stopping by and for letting me know about the giveaway. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I appreciate you stopping by. I read each and every comment, so feel free to drop me a note.

Want to know more? Have more questions? Email me at lovelyhes@gmail.com