Thursday, October 11, 2012

inspiration (solange)



All photos from Madewell

I find Solange Knowles's style inspiring because of the fact that it's so different from what I usually go for - her use of color, her hair, her choice of prints, etc. are so bold yet on point, eye-catching yet not costume-y.

I find her style a reminder to go ahead, infuse some color/print/crazy sexy hair in my everyday routine; I find her outfits powerful and fun. And, really, isn't fashion about having fun? Otherwise, what's the point?

Whether you stick with the classics or go for the new and bold, it should be about having a good time and dressing in a way that makes you feel good. No matter what she's wearing, she always looks like she's loving it. 

Good clothes can make you look good, but wearing clothes that make you feel good make you look better every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I appreciate you stopping by. I read each and every comment, so feel free to drop me a note.

Want to know more? Have more questions? Email me at lovelyhes@gmail.com