Tuesday, November 6, 2012

holiday dressing (LBD)

LBD

polyvore set here


There are usually two ways to go about holiday dressing: you either take it literally with sparkles, red/green, bows, etc., or metaphorically with less traditional colors but just as luxurious details. I switch between the two as my mood fits, but I love taking the classic LBD and making it appropriate for any occasion, including the cheer of the holidays. 

The LBD, with the right cut and design, can be as festive and statement-making as its cousin, the little red dress. Play against its simplicity with standout accessories: leopard print pumps, an intricate necklace, and a sleek clutch in cool snakeskin. Finish the look off with a bold red lip and an equally bold attitude. 

Now, this dress (and the shoes and the necklace and the clutch!) is waaaay out of my price range, but one of the best things about fashion is that there are similar options in almost every price point - I'll do a much more affordable version of this collage next. But, a girl can (virtually) dream, right?

Victoria Beckham dress 

J. Crew pumps

Oscar de la Renta necklace

Kotur clutch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I appreciate you stopping by. I read each and every comment, so feel free to drop me a note.

Want to know more? Have more questions? Email me at lovelyhes@gmail.com