Tuesday, June 11, 2013

recent purchases

recent purchases

here

I must have had summer days on the beach on my mind  when shopping this past few weeks. The 4th of July is right around the corner, and when I saw this tank top, I was sold. It's a bit kitschy, but so what? :). It would go great with cut offs and fireworks. I've recently become converted to the versatility of denim vests, and this one looked so crisp in white. I was so excited to try this coverup from J.Crew only to have it be completely unflattering on me (doesn't it look adorable on the model, though?). I sent it back and tried this one instead...it's perfect, with just the right amount of peek-a-boo and coverage going on. Definitely size down - I'm quite busty so I usually size up to an XL to accommodate, but the L was comfortably snug and fit better in the waist than the XL would have. Of course, looking great at the beach requires some sweat...how cute are these tanks?! I ordered them with some shorts and capris last week (when I was taking a break from wedding frenzy...thank God for online shopping), and now I'm ready to get back to a regular work-out schedule. When I was reading my blog roll this morning, it was so fun to see other bloggers (here & here) talking about Old Navy's active wear...I guess great minds think alike. :). And lastly, a splurge...I'd been wanting a white bag but couldn't pull the trigger on other options I had been considering (like this one). But then I saw this beauty. It was still more than I wanted to spend on a high maintenance bag, but Bloomingdale's was having their friends and family sale and I had a rewards card and gift card that I'd been stashing, so this came down to about $115 after taxes. Still expensive for sure, but a lot less than I would have paid otherwise. 


What are your recent purchases?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I appreciate you stopping by. I read each and every comment, so feel free to drop me a note.

Want to know more? Have more questions? Email me at lovelyhes@gmail.com