Thursday, June 27, 2013

recent purchases

recent purchases

here

 Hello, all! I am not fully recovered yet from my sinus headache/cough/cold/mild asthma bug, but today is the best I've felt in over a week. I still have wicked coughing fits, but the interminable headache is gone, as is the overwhelming congestion. Progress.

Lately, it's been hard to remember what it feels like to not be sick, but my recent purchases are evidence that, yes, I once felt good enough physically to have gone on a little shopping trip with my sister.  

What I bought:

Express holographic pumps (sold out) || I'd been wanting silver pumps but didn't want to spend too much money. I finally found this pair on major sale for $24. The quality is decent. The heel is a bit steep (4") but these aren't shoes I'd wear all day anyway.

Clarins Splendours bronzer and eyeshadow palette || My obsession with Clarins started with this lipgloss. After hearing great things about this collection here and here,  my curiosity was piqued. These are definitely a splurge. I haven't tried them yet - the design is so pretty that I'm afraid to touch it! When I do, I'll definitely do a post on them.

Gap leopard print sandals (sold out online) || These sandals are currently unavailable online save for a random pop-back, but I found mine in store, so definitely check stores near you if they catch your fancy. I wanted a sandal that was no fuss but was slightly dressier than a flip flop. I was going to go for the simple black pair for a neutral sandal, but leopard's a neutral, too, right?

 Banana Republic x Milly elephant shorts || With an in-store promo and an additional 10% off for using my BR card, these shorts came to $25. I had given up on ever finding them in store in my size once they sold out online, so I was excited to not only have found a pair but for such a great prize. I've already taken them out for a spin and making plans to do so again. If you can't find a pair at a BR store, there are some on eBay.

Banana Republic x Milly elephant makeup case || This, too, was bought with a promo for ~$25. Super adorable, but I'm undecided as to whether I'm keeping. I have other makeup bags, so I don't really need it. That being said...ELEPHANTS. I love them.

Old Navy knotted-back dress || This dress was a surprise purchase. I didn't have high hopes for it when I picked it up off the rack, but I tried it on anyway, and I'm glad I did. A casual dress that draws attention to curves in the best possible way. The length is good, and it drapes nicely on me. This was bought during Old Navy's one-day dress sale for $8. 

It feels good to be back. Thanks for checking in.  

1 comment:

  1. the elephants are so cute. so friggin cute.
    and those pumps are just going to be stunning on, I'm sure.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I appreciate you stopping by. I read each and every comment, so feel free to drop me a note.

Want to know more? Have more questions? Email me at lovelyhes@gmail.com