Wednesday, February 27, 2013

can we talk about...


...what happens when your significant other loses his or her job?

James lost his job yesterday, and I am still shell-shocked. I want to be so supportive and hold his hand, while at the same time trying to quell the panic going on inside my head.

A day removed from the news has given me enough distance to realize that we will be all right. We have a great support system, and while it will be hard until he finds a new job, we'll be fine, and we have plenty of blessings to be thankful for, not in the least the fact that we have each other.

So I guess all I can do is let him know that I love him and that we're in this together. He's been so proactive about this whole thing (much better than I've been, I admit) and already has a handful of jobs he's already working on cover letters for.

To everyone struggling, I know it's hard to keep going, to keep believing, but keep on keeping on. You're certainly not alone.

Have you had a significant other or loved one lost his or her job? How did you cope? What did you do? I would really love to know. 

Thanks for stopping by. 


1 comment:

  1. Thank you, couldn't keep getting up and plugging away without you.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I appreciate you stopping by. I read each and every comment, so feel free to drop me a note.

Want to know more? Have more questions? Email me at lovelyhes@gmail.com