Thursday, May 9, 2013

shoe love: rain boots

rain boots

here


This pair makes me hope that my long search for a functional yet stylish rain boot(ie) has come to an end. $150 for what are essentially rubber foot coverings seems like a lot of money, and let's face it, it is. But I have searched high and low, near and far, and I haven't found a single pair in which my athletic calves will fit. If I had, I would be the proud owner of either the polka dotted pair I saw at Target a month ago. 


So I have had to resort to finding ankle rain boots...only to find that that is easier said than done. The less than a handful of pairs of ankle rain boots that I have found were so darn ugly that I couldn't make myself click "buy". I am not too proud to admit that looks are just as important to me as function when it comes to shoes, even shoes whose sole essential purpose is to keep my feet from getting wet. I'll rationalize the imminent future purchase by this mathematical calculation: $150 divided by [the number of bad weather days in Chicago in a year (~200) + the number of days of sheer effort on my part in finding alternatives only to come up empty (~573)] = totally worth it. Bonus: they look good. Not bad for some rubber shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I appreciate you stopping by. I read each and every comment, so feel free to drop me a note.

Want to know more? Have more questions? Email me at lovelyhes@gmail.com