Friday, April 5, 2013

this weekend


My new bag. It's like a ray of sunshine - I can't help but smile every time I see it, which is a really good reason to get a bag, don't you think? ;).

TGIF! Spring has started to show itself around here in Chicago, and I'm taking the change in season as a catalyst to get out more, starting this weekend. James and I are heading up to the Map Room (our favorite bar) this evening to catch up with some work friends, and then tomorrow, we'll be doing some walking up by Lincoln Park/Wicker Park to enjoy the 65 degree day. There's a chance of rain later in the day, but I'm crossing my fingers that it never comes. 

Instead of calling your attention to amazing things indoors and accessible through your computer screen, try these things instead this weekend:

one: Go for a walk. Anywhere. For any amount of time. It's not only healthy for you, but it's also a great way to soak in some sun now that it's starting to peek out. I walked to work this morning (1.3 miles), and it felt good to walk through my neighborhood as everything's waking up. If mornings are not your thing, do it in the middle of the day as a way to walk away from the desk for a little bit or at night as a post-dinner walkabout.

two: Go to a park. People watch. Pack a picnic. Bring a book. Bring a blanket, your iPad, and start catching up on the shows you missed during the week.

three: Go to a museum. See that exhibit you've been putting off.

four: Go out for brunch. Take a leisurely stroll to get there and then indulge in good food. 

five: Explore a new neighborhood you haven't seen before or haven't visited in awhile. Find new haunts to add to your current favorites.

Have a great weekend!


2 comments:

  1. She is totally beautiful!! The absolute perfect spring bag.

    I did #4 :)
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your brunches always look so fun! If only I lived out East!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I appreciate you stopping by. I read each and every comment, so feel free to drop me a note.

Want to know more? Have more questions? Email me at lovelyhes@gmail.com