Thursday, April 11, 2013

yellow fever

yellow fever

here


bag//dress//watch

rain boots//sneakers//polka dot jeans

espadrilles//gingham//shorts


I know that Sephora + Pantone have named emerald the color of the year, but my vote goes to yellow. It's such a happy color, and as Chicago is in the middle of an incredibly wet and grey week, I need all the happy I can get. Don't get me wrong; I love grey (and its cousins, white and black) - it's the hardest working color in my wardrobe. But when winter has overstayed its welcome, yellow is the perfect spring booster. Ironically, as much as I love yellow now, I didn't always. Yellows that were too golden and sharp made me look sallow (those darn undertones!), and neon yellow, while fun in small doses, is overwhelming on a grander scale. 

But butter yellow? Soft, creamy, flowers-in-a-meadow yellow? LOVE. 

What's your color of the year?


2 comments:

  1. I adore yellow for spring time. It's so bright and cheerful!

    xoxo,
    Suzie Q
    www.StyleCueBySuzieQ.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree - it's like sunshine. :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Hi there! I appreciate you stopping by. I read each and every comment, so feel free to drop me a note.

Want to know more? Have more questions? Email me at lovelyhes@gmail.com