Friday, April 12, 2013

this weekend


Yes for Friday! I have plans for a busy weekend : a college visit with my sister, then watching her last Show Choir performance; some time with my guy; books to read; and, my taxes (drat!). I swear I hadn't meant to put them off this long, but here I am. Luckily, my taxes are pretty straight forward. Nevertheless, I'll be thinking of the image above (and the peace and calm it captures) as I plow through the forms. Good thing it's only once a year!

Some things to check out:

one. Salad in a jar is a new to me revelation, as is Cassie's blog, back to her roots. Serious LOVE.

two. An interesting read about political and marital second chances.

three. An app that has made getting back in shape and watching what I eat super easy.

four. Try out this sure-fire keeper of a recipe from DALS. It's on the menu for Monday at my house!

five. My bedroom now smells like this candle. Super pricey, but the scent is amazing. As is their Chicago store - the light fixture and overall design are just beautiful. 


Have an amazing weekend!


image via

1 comment:

  1. Even the chair at the store was custom, and so mid century modern. Also I will be reading Joan Didion's A Book of Common Prayer, and maybe hitting off one of the bellow's as well (long ride to and fro from Charleston, IL). Excited about the weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I appreciate you stopping by. I read each and every comment, so feel free to drop me a note.

Want to know more? Have more questions? Email me at lovelyhes@gmail.com